Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Rough Day? We Have Fried Bananas!"

So, I was heading to the library the other day to check out some audiobooks, and I was struck by the utter weirdness of the message that was lettered on the sign of the Thai restaurant right across the street from the library. It read: "Rough Day? We Have Fried Bananas!" I wish I had had a camera to record this oddity for all posterity, but I didn't so you'll just have to take my word for it.

However, a large number of unintentionally funny, purposefully oddball, or totally apathetic messages have made their way to the signs at restaurants all over the world, and other people were a lot better prepared than I was with a camera. I've gathered a few of these for your enjoyment. There were plenty more I could have included, but a lot of them were dirty and inappropriate for this (or anybody else's) blog. Hope you enjoy!


1)  The "Disgruntled Employee" Sign.  I'm sure a lot of us have felt the same way before, especially in our earliest, most menial jobs.



2)  The "I Never Promised You A Rose Garden" Sign.  At least they're honest about their lackluster customer service.



3)  The "Yeah, I Know The Letters Just Fell Off, But It's Still Ironically Funny" Sign.  Truth in advertising? I hope not. I like KFC!




4)  The "Eat Here At Your Own Risk" Sign.  It may be good for your soul, but may not be that great on your stomach. Consider yourself warned.




5) The "Have A Little Respect For Your Elders" Sign.  They're probably wiser than you anyway. They know that the best way to kill your business fast is to tell everyone about this sign. And get their grandchildren to post a picture of it online.



6) The "No Thank You, I'm Full" Sign.  I don't know if 15,000 Rp. is expensive or cheap, but no price is low enough for this mess. I'll pass, thanks.



7)  The "You Don't Have To Get Personal" Sign.  I know it's true, but you don't have to emphasize it. This will not make me want to eat all I can -- this will make me want to go home, curl up in a ball, and weep openly as I pine for my thinner years.




8) The "I'm Not As Dumb As You Look" Sign.  You're not fooling me! I may already be fat, but I know that Today's Special is anything but special. Take your double-talk and peddle it somewhere else. As for me, I'll be eating somewhere else.





9)  The "Was It Something We Served?" Sign.  I'm sure that's not what they meant to say, but it's still funny.



10)  The "I Don't Get Paid Enough To Do This Guy Got A New Job At Mickey D's" Sign.  'Nuff said.
 


BONUS ROUND:  The "Stop Racial Profiling Us" Sign.  This one's just wrong. Funny, but wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment