Saturday, September 15, 2012

Interesting Quotes By People Born On This Day

1)  "Without stones there is no arch."  ~  Marco Polo, explorer



2)  "One forgives to the degree that one loves."  ~  François de La Rochefoucauld, writer



3)  "Everybody says it, and what everybody says must be true."  ~  James Fenimore Cooper, novelist



4)  "I think I might as well give up being a candidate. There are so many people in the country who don't like me."  ~  William Howard Taft, U.S. President



5)  "I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well."  ~  Robert Benchley, humorist



6)  "If a man is  not faithful to his own individuality, he cannot be loyal to anything."  ~  Claude McKay, poet



7)  "I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."  ~  Agatha Christie, novelist



8)  "Is it possible to succeed without any act of betrayal?"  ~  Jean Renoir, film director



9)  "Don't be a blueprint. Be an original."  ~  Roy Acuff, country music singer/musician



10)  "When a man lies, he murders some part of the world."  ~  Merlin Olsen, athlete/actor



11)  "You've got to give something back. You can't just sit there."  ~  Harry, Prince of Wales



12)  "How do you get rid of hiccups? Drink water upside-down and put a pencil in your mouth? Is that possible?"  ~  Heidi Montag, idiot


No comments:

Post a Comment