Friday, January 25, 2013

Things I Find Fascinating: More Bizarrely Titled Books

You may recall that about a month ago, I posted a collection of bizarrely titled books here. All real and all real weird. Well, most of those books were non-fiction (believe it or not!), so I figured it was about time I gave props to some bizarrely titled novels as well. To the best of my knowledge, all of the following books are actual books, most published before I was born (judging by the cover art, at least). There are a few of these that I'd love to read, if I could find them, just to see what the heck they're all about. Some of them I could go my whole life and never read and I'd still be okay. Either way, I hope you'll get as much of a kick out of these as I did. Enjoy!



It's probably a good thing, too. I can't imagine 
that one of those would be comfortable to wear.



Proceed with caution. (Geiger counter sold separately.)



You can find them anywhere, I suppose. Including Florida's scrub country.


 
She looks so lifelike. It's almost eerie!



This one comes with two bizarre titles in one. As you can see, this one
was apparently originally published as Hill Of The Terrified Monk.



After all, what did the bones ever do to you to deserve being beaten?



I'll bet he's blushing 'cuz he just stabbed that guy in the back.



Until one bit him right back...



That's pretty harsh, stealing a man's skull!
I don't blame him for being upset.



This was originally going to be called The Worthless Watermelon,
but the publishers thought that just sounded too weird. (No, not really.)



Business in the front, party in the...oh my word, 
that train's totally going to smash us to bits!


 
Wait, I thought she got run over by a reindeer?



His name must not really have been "Polly" after all...



She has a healthy appetite for men, apparently.



Some women cut their eyes at you. She'll cut your throat.



They just don't write books like these anymore. Sad...



If the tea was that bitter, why not just toss it out and
brew a new batch? Why write a whole book about it?


 
Why should they complain? They're feeling no pain...


 
And a Santa hat, apparently...



That explains a lot. But it leaves even more questions unanswered.


 
This one doesn't even have that weird of a title, but
I'm dying to know why that horse is in her bed!



Moses parting the Red Sea so surfers can hang ten. Genius!



Beware of what? Of red flowers? Of people walking through the village?



Finally, the puzzle of the goosefeathers is going to be solved. I
was beginning to think it was going to remain a cold case forever.



Yes, by all means, do. He wasn't do anything but scaring 
the kids anyway. Good riddance to bad entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment