Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quotes About Shoes


 
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."  
~  Dr. Seuss



"Give a girl the right shoes, and
she can conquer the world."  
~  Marilyn Monroe



"They went into my closets looking for 
skeletons, but thank God, all they 
found were shoes, beautiful shoes."  
~  Imelda Marcos



"I still have my feet on the ground, 
I just wear better shoes."  
~  Oprah Winfrey



"I had the blues because I had no shoes, until 
upon the street I met a man who had no feet."  
~  Dennis Waitley



"We ought not to treat living creatures 
like shoes or household belongings, which
when worn with use we throw away."  
~  Plutarch



"'The time has come,' the walrus said, 
'to talk of many things: of shoes and ships 
– and sealing wax – of cabbages and kings.'"  
~  Lewis Carroll



"Our incomes are like our shoes; if too small, 
they gall and pinch us; but if too large, 
they cause us to stumble and to trip."  
~  John Locke



"You know you're old when someone
compliments you on your alligator 
shoes, and you're barefoot."  
~  Phyllis Diller



"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. 
They won't make you rich like me, they won't
make you rebound like me, they definitely 
won't make you handsome like me. They'll
only make you have shoes like me. That's it."  
~  Charles Barkley



"Practical prayer is harder on
the soles of your shoes than on
the knees of your trousers."  
~  Austin O'Malley



"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was 
a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"  
~  George Gobel



"The stoical scheme of supplying our wants 
by lopping off our desires is like cutting 
off our feet when we want shoes."  
~  Jonathan Swift



"You want to fall in love with a shoe, go ahead. 
A shoe can't love you back, but, on the other 
hand, a shoe can't hurt you too deeply either. 
And there are so many nice-looking shoes."  
~  Allan Sherman



"I never put on a pair of shoes until 
I've worn them at least five years."  
~  Samuel Goldwyn



"I'll tell you one thing you can't do: you can't
put your shoes on, then your socks on."  
~  Flavor Flav



"Imagine me as a kid growing up 
in redneck Texas with ballet shoes,
tucking the violin under my arm. 
I had to fight my way up."  
~  Patrick Swayze



"When people wear shoes that don't fit them, 
it says something about their soul. Generally, 
I think it means they are good people."  
~  Billy Bob Thornton



"Between saying and doing, 
many a pair of shoes is worn out."  
~  Iris Murdoch



"Shoes are strange things. If you 
take your shoes off in a situation in 
which you're vulnerable, you'll 
feel ten times more vulnerable."  
~  Daniel Day-Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment