Friday, October 18, 2013

Interesting Quotes By People Whose Birthday Is Today


1)  "None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see."  ~  Matthew Henry, clergyman


2)  "The waste of plenty is the resource of scarcity."  ~  Thomas Love Peacock, author


3)  "Think like a man of action. Act like a man of thought."  ~  Henri Bergson, philosopher


4)  "If you want to be thought a liar, always tell the truth."  ~  Logan Pearsall Smith, writer


5)  "There are obviously two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live."  ~  James Truslow Adams, historian


6)  "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."  ~  A. J. Liebling, journalist


7)  "Luck: that's when preparation and opportunity meet."  ~  Pierre Trudeau, politician


8)  "I want our government to encourage and protect freedom as well as our traditions of faith and family."  ~  Jesse Helms, politician


9)  "Of the five most important things in life, health is first, education or knowledge is second, and wealth is third. I forget the other two."  ~  Chuck Berry, musician


10)  "One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real."  ~  Klaus Kinski, actor


11)  "I let people see the cracks in my life. We can't be phony. We've got to keep it real."  ~  Chuck Swindoll, clergyman


12)  "Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal."  ~  Mike Ditka, football coach


13)  "That is my definition of democracy, the right to be in a minority and not be suppressed."  ~  Lee Harvey Oswald, assassin


14)  "As beautiful as simplicity is, it can become a tradition that stands in the way of exploration."  ~  Laura Nyro, musician


15)  "I'm a firm believer that language and how we use language determines how we act, and how we act then determines our lives and other people's lives."  ~  Ntozake Shange, playwright


16)  "The real reason for comedy is to hide the pain."  ~  Wendy Wasserstein, playwright


17)  "When I read, I learned the world was not as small as my house. And that everybody in my hometown was not representative of the way people in the world were raised. And that was what saved me."  ~  Terry McMillan, author


18)  "Labels are for filing. Labels are for clothing. Labels are not for people."  ~  Martina Navratilova, athlete


19)  "I'm one of the most sensitive human beings on Earth – and I know it."  ~  Jean-Claude Van Damme, actor


20)  "You can grow up with literally nothing and you don't suffer if you know you're loved and valued."  ~  Esperanza Spalding, musician

No comments:

Post a Comment