Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Story #3: "Courtesy Flush"

Day 3 and Story #3 of my #astoryaday June Writing Challenge. This one is über-short, but after reading it you may thank me for that fact. I've been mulling over the appropriateness – or lack thereof – of penning such a vignette as this for quite some time now, and finally decided – "What the heck! Why not?" – so here it is. Enjoy?  ~  JH



"Courtesy Flush"

  How can you call yourself a human being and be so thoroughly devoid of compassion and consideration? How can you so cruelly and callously disregard your fellow man? How can you concoct a product so noxious, repugnant, and malodorous as this and not stop to think – for one second! – that others may not relish the aroma as you so obviously do. You are a disgrace to common decency and a scorner of etiquette! I could continue castigating your character ad infinitum – and you would well deserve it! – but I am above that. In point of fact, I have but four words yet to disseminate: Please. Flush. The. Toilet!

No comments:

Post a Comment